How To Quickly Tackle A Spider Infestation In Concord
March 30, 2023
Concord, North Carolina is a vibrant city that offers both the best of city life and natural activities. Located near Charlotte, residents and tourists can enjoy hikes, camping, fishing, dining, shopping, and entertainment. Nonetheless, sometimes different pests, such as cockroaches, fleas, rodents, and spiders can find their ways even into the cleanest Concord homes and cause an infestation. If you need pest control in Concord to get rid of spiders in your home, contact Peeler Environmental today.
Types Of Spiders Commonly Found In Concord
The Catawba River, Rocky River Trail, and other natural areas offer much beauty and peace, but it also means that there are many wild insects, arachnids, and animals around. In Concord, there are different common household spiders. While most of these are harmless, there are a few spider species to watch out for.
Some of Concord's most common spiders are:
- Black widow spider: One of the most dangerous spiders in North Carolina and the United States, these spiders are black and shiny and have a red hourglass marking on their abdomen. You can find them in woodpiles, under rocks, or in the corner of a room.
- Brown recluse spider: Another dangerous spider of North Carolina, these spiders are light to dark brown and have a violin marking on their back. These can also be found in woodpiles, under rocks, or in the basement.
- Cellar spider: These spiders are pale yellow to light brown or gray. They have small bodies and long, skinny legs and are not dangerous to humans.
- Fishing spider: North Carolina is home to dark fishing spiders and six-spotted fishing spiders. These spiders are black, brown, gray, or tan, and they are primarily seen around Concord in May.
- Wolf spider: These spiders are usually dark brown, often with paler or yellow markings. They are stout, with a robust body and long, spiny legs. They are covered in hair, and while they have an intimidating appearance, they are generally not dangerous to people.
If you see any of the spiders listed above in your Concord home, we suggest you reach out to professional spider control. While there may be an occasional spider or two around your property, seeing multiple spiders can indicate that there is an infestation.
Five Natural Spider Deterring Tips
If you want to deter the most common spiders from entering your Concord home, there are some effective and natural tips that you can follow.
These five spider-deterring tips can help you keep spiders out of your property:
- Keep your garage, attic, and basement clean and decluttered.
- Seal any entry points, like gaps and cracks, in your foundation and exterior walls.
- Maintain landscaping by trimming shrubbery and trees and keeping your grass short.
- Vacuum your home regularly, including room corners.
- Eliminate insect pests that may be attracting spiders to your home.
In addition to the natural tips above, we suggest you schedule an inspection with Peeler Environmental to identify any signs of spider activity. Call us to get a free quote today.
Why Do I Have A Spider Problem In My Home?
To get rid of spiders, it is essential to identify why there are spiders in your home in the first place. While geography sometimes determines whether or not there are spiders around, other factors can also attract these invaders into your home.
The factors below can make a home attractive to spiders:
- Clutter or uncleanliness can attract roaches or other insects that spiders prey on and provide ample hiding places.
- Entry points into the house, like damaged window screens or cracks on the home foundation.
- Uncut grass or shrubbery. When spiders are finding places to hide near your home, they are more likely to venture inside.
- Other pests. Spiders prey on insects, and if there is an abundance of ants, flies, or other prey species in your home, they are more likely to settle inside.
We recommend you begin by sealing entry points and fixing any other items listed above. Nonetheless, the best home defense for spiders is to work alongside a professional pest control company, as it takes knowledge and experience to fully remove these pests and keep them away.
Professional Pest Control Is A Great Spider Control Solution
If you need to get rid of spiders in your Concord home, Peeler Environmental is your local solution. Since 1968, we have helped North Carolina homeowners to keep their homes pest-free. We will begin by performing a thorough home inspection to locate any entry points and signs of spiders and apply the best treatment for your property during that same visit. This includes a de-webbing and treatment of cracks and crevices, the full foundation, crawl space, and garage. Call us today for a free quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Concord.