What are stinging insects?
Stinging insects are a category of insects that include wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets. Stinging insects are known for their aggressive natures and tendency to sting anything they perceive as a threat, which can be difficult if you accidentally stumble across a nest on your property.
There are several different types of stinging insects that might invade human structures, and stinging insect identification is essential if you want to remove these pests properly. Our technicians at Peeler Environmental are ready to help you with this process.
Are stinging insects dangerous?
Stinging insects are wildly recognized as dangerous, and stings from these pests may result in serious health risks in certain situations. Stinging insects are aggressive, and their stings are painful; a sting or two from one of these pests can trigger an allergic reaction. Even those who don’t have allergy issues might experience allergy symptoms if stinging insects swarm them.
Symptoms, such as excessive pain, difficulty breathing, or trouble swallowing after a sting, necessitate the need for immediate medical attention.
Why do I have a stinging insect problem?
Stinging insect problems occur around human structures with plenty of nesting spots, easy access to food, and excess moisture that attract these pests. Reducing or removing these factors from your property can help to prevent stinging insect problems and make your property overall less hospitable.
Where will I find stinging insects?
Outside, you can find stinging insects in nests high up in trees, under the eaves of buildings, around patios or porches, or against the siding of your property. Nests may also be underneath outbuildings or in holes in the ground, depending on the stinging insect species you are dealing with.
Once they invade interior areas, stinging insect nests will likely be in garages, attics, or wall voids. It’s important to ensure these pests don’t move inside, as this can be highly dangerous.
How do I get rid of stinging insects?
Get rid of stinging insects for good by skipping the DIY pest control and contacting Peeler Environmental. Our technicians will help you identify the stinging insect species, the scale of your infestation, and the best tactics to remove these pests from your property. With our help, you can benefit from the safe and stress-free removal of these problematic pests.
How can I prevent stinging insects in the future?
Stop stinging insect problems from occurring in the future by following our expert prevention tips below.
- Never leave out food or drinks around your property, especially sweet-smelling items. The aroma of these tends to attract stinging insects.
- Keep trash cans covered and seal all trash bags tightly to prevent scavenging and odors from bringing stinging insects to your property.
- Cut back overgrown foliage, remove long grass, and clear piles of debris from around your property to reduce stinging insect nesting spots.
- Make sure that window and door screens are unbroken, and keep windows and doors closed as much as possible to stop stinging insects from getting inside.
- Fix leaks or other moisture issues that contribute to damp conditions or pools of excess water that attract stinging insects or their pest prey.
- Utilize plants that repel stinging insects around your property, such as basil, marigolds, and geraniums.
Call Peeler Environmental today for further assistance in defeating stinging insect infestations.
Recent Blog Articles
Is professional ant control necessary in your Concord, North Carolina home? Peeler Environmental can help you get rid of an ant infestation. Contact us tod...Read More
People often forget powderpost beetles when considering dangerous pests. Read more to find out how serious they can be and who to call to take care of them...Read More
Getting rid of German cockroaches on your own is so difficult. Learn why they are a serious health risk and the pros to call to eliminate them.Read More